- Shipping & Delivery
The Textbook Alternative's strategic partnerships with delivery services provide you with reliable and cost effective shipping. We currently only deliver to U.S. addresses. (Weekend and P.O. Box delivery are only available with Standard shipping, and deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii may take longer than the estimates below.)
Please note: severe weather conditions may cause unexpected shipping delays. The Textbook Alternative is not responsible for these delays and cannot offer any shipping refunds in such cases.
All orders take 1-2 business days to process and ship out. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the US Post Office and UPS , such as New Year's Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Orders placed Monday-Friday before 10 a.m. Pacific Time have the current and next business day to process and ship. Orders placed after 10 a.m. Pacific Time will process and ship over the next two business days.
Please note: If you received “free” shipping, but choose to take advantage of our 21 day return policy and return the book for a refund, the actual cost of shipping the book to you will be deducted from the refund amount.
Returning rentals is easy and free. How to return »
- There are presently two ways to place orders:
- Online, through our rental partner's store. You can find books via this website, select to buy or rent those books -- and place them in your cart, choose your shipping method and pay online. You will be required to open an account with our rental partner -- it takes only a minute!
- In-store: Our friendly staff will find your book from one of your suppliers and have it delivered to the store or to your residence.
- Viewing Orders
For the time being, orders on our website are placed through our rental partner. To view orders, effect returns, check delivery status, and so on you will need to visit our rental store.
- Updating Account Information
- You may have potentially two different accounts. If you choose to use our online rental program, you will need to have an account on our rental store. If you wish to use our shopping list feature or place comments and tags on textbooks, you will need to have an account on www.textalt.com -- you only need to supply a username and password.